Posted by joel on June 28th, 2009
Here’s the Sunday Setlist for our annual Baptism weekend here at McLane Church, as part of the weekly blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.com.
The band cooked:
- David Van Matre: Acoustic Guitar
- Andy Pamer: Electric Guitar
- Paul Grenberg: Bass
- Pete Natalie: Drums
- Brian Van Matre: Piano/Keys
- Dawn Wisniewski: Vocals
- Amy Monocello: Vocals
- Joel Natalie: Worship Leader/Vocals
Just four songs:
- All Because of Jesus – Casting Crowns
- Be Glorified – Passion
- Not to Us – Chris Tomlin
- How Can I Keep From Singing – Chris Tomlin
The sermon by Senior Pastor was Baptism: It’s Purpose and Power. The sermon concluded with a video of last year’s baptism with Travis Cottrell’s “Search Me, Know Me” as a soundtrack…very moving.
Posted by joel on June 1st, 2009
This is my first shot at participating in the Sunday Setlist blog carnival, but I was encouraged to do so by Jen Kerr and Brian Lusky, two passionate worship leaders who I much admire and appreciate.
A little background: I have been involved in contemporary worship bands since the late-1980’s, and have been a consistent worship leader most of the current decade. Although I dabble a little in piano and guitar, I don’t play them for worship yet, so I’m a vocalist worship leader. My vocational background is in radio broadcasting, so sometimes my approach to building a set is colored by the “hit rotation” strategies we use in radio. Of course, it’s important that each entire weekend worship service is covered in prayer and seeking God’s plan for it.
It was a different weekend at my home church, McLane Church in Edinboro, PA. We were significantly short on players on these particular dates so we went for a unplugged, stripped down vibe that actually worked out quite well.
- Brandt Fuller (McLane’s Dir. of Worship) – Acoustic Guitar, vocals, worship leading
- Andy Pamer – Acoustic Guitar
- Edmund Blank – Grand Piano (special guest from Mississauga, ON)
- Joel Natalie (me) – Worship Leading, vocals
- Everlasting God (Tomlin acoustic version) – Brenton Brown & Ken Riley
- God of My Days – Zach Neese
- We Are Hungry – Brad Kilman
- I Give You My Heart – Reuben Morgan
- Enough (closer) – Chris Tomlin & Louie Giglio
Our sermon was a video from Life Church. Week 2 of the Life. Money. Hope. series with Dave Ramsey entitled Breaking the Bondage of Debt. More information is on the McLane Church website at mclanechurch.org.
This post is part of the the â€œSunday Setlistsâ€ blog carnival at FredMcKinnon.Com. Here’s this week’s post.